Saturday, September 01, 2007

Go West, Young Man...

Well, not sure if that is meant to be taken literally, but, well here I am, in California. My reason for coming here is almost arbitrary; it's somewhere new that's not New York. I can always go back, and besides, this is where fortunes are made, innit? I am taking classes at San Francisco State, applying to grad school, and just chillin out, reading, playing music, etc. Not a bad way to spend a year, even if it's a waste otherwise, I'd say. I am positioned well to visit friends in LA and Arizona, as well as to explore the West Coast in general.

The past year... Cruising around Brooklyn with Lee, blasting music, goin to awesome restaurants and bars, working at Purchase with awesome people like Deirdre, Matthias, Pete, Brenda, Donna, Bryan, Adrian, Yohei, etc, getting crazy with Hanna, partying with my Puchase friends in Williamsburg, chillin with Jamie, showing Gina around NYC, going to conferences with Sam. Watching movies and drinking with Melissa. Just existing in Pisciotta with our big group of friends, going to the beach and chilling on the stairs. The beach house in North Carolina, shooting stars, Caitlin, Rachel, and Meghan, their Uncles and extended family, drinking in the hot tub. I had a great fucking year. But it flew by, and I’m trying out San Francisco now. The year’s fly by, so why not let one fly by in a different scene.

I think I may even try out some modeling and what not. Worth a try, eh?

__________

Today will be my 7th day in SF, and so far as I have two job offers, a few more I’m waiting on, and a bunch of numbers to call re: apartments.

I’m getting sick of the crack heads in this neighborhood though. Dudes across the street selling, watching people smoke out of their little glass pipes right on the street, scrapping together $5 for another rock. Just, tiring. I guess I need to get used to it. People smoke alot of grass out here too, it's almost like Amsterdam. But Time to get back to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home