Monday, June 25, 2007

stop me if you think that you've heard this one before

these titles don't really match what I'm writing about, but make sense if one were to read my journal. anyway

Krakow is very nice, a beautiful old city with lots of churches castles and history. I arrived around 6am, check into my hostel, ate breakfast, showered and chatted with the girl runing th eplace. this hostel is fantastic, a wonderful house outside old city. my room is empty exceot for me. it began to rain once i was ready to leave, so i took a nap, feeling a bit tired after the train ride from Budapest. Crossing the Slovak border and then the Polish border kept me from sleeping very well, and thinking about visiting Auscwitz today unnerved me a bit. I eventually made it to Auschwitz/Birkenua, in the Polish town of Oscwiecim/Brznika today, arriving late around 520. I missed the last bus back into Krakow, 50 miles away, and had to pay almost $80 to take a cab. I walked into the city for dinner, and was invited to a hip dance club, but wasn't feeling up to it. Tomorrow will be lots of sightseeing and then a late train to Prague.

I forgot how much I hate blitzing cities. Next time I will travel with a friend for sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it's great that you can do any of this (on your own) remember home is only a phone call away... love you - Z

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it's great that you can do any of this (on your own) remember home is only a phone call away....love - Z

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home