Friday, June 22, 2007

First Stop

It's so strange, once I get out on my own my mind instantly flashes back to London, Brussels, Paris, Venice..the last places I traveled alone. And I remember how much I like the feeling of being free to move around, not bound by jobs and lack of cars like at home.

My flight leaving JFK was delayed because too much air traffic, so by the time we landed in Heathrow, I'd missed my flight to Budapest. I had to sit around for about 6 hours, until 2pm GMT, and finally caught a flight to Hungrary, which was also delayed taking off. I arrived at my hostel around 9pm local time, and just settled in and went for a walk and grabbed some food. Spent some time speaking with some people here, but mostly kept to myself. Tomorrow I will explore the city and visit the famous Baths. I cannot wait to get to Italy though! I also cannot stop thinking about people at home, but my trip just started so I think once I get busy I'll get over it. I'm a bit tired from all the flying and sitting around, but at least I got an authentic English brekkie and Hungarian dinner. More soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home