Thursday, June 21, 2007

On the Road Again

So the time has finally come. I'm leaving for my trip today, and will
be back on august 8th. I am planning on relocating to San Francisco in
the fall, so I will probably be leaving NY around August 27th at the
latest, so let's try and make plans in that interval.

After the last few months here, I'm feeling pretty ready to leave. For a while I was really happy here, and then as things started to change again I realized that they always will and one cannot necessarily rely on other people to ground oneself. I had alot of fun, and part of me wishes I could stay here, but it's time to move on. This trip will be an amazing adventure, I'm sure, and when I get back here, I'm sure moving out west will be an even bigger adventure.

For those who don't know, I will be flying into Budapest, and then visiting Krakow and Prague before flying to Italy to meet up with somefriends in Pisciotta. (Rachel and Jamie, and all the kids on the program, and the locals, Gianluca, etc.) I may use this time to explore Calabria as well, but I'm not sure yet. On the morning of the 11th, I fly to Berlin, and thenwork my south to
Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, maybe Macedonia, and eventually Turkey and Greece before taking the ferry back to Italy to meet up with Antonio and see some family in Calabria and then fly home. Because I shortened my trip, since Caitlin can no longer come, I will probably be spending less time in each place then I had wanted, and I may not get everywhere I intended. We'll see what happens. I'll be mostly on the road alone. I learned alot traveling solo last summer, so I expect this trip will be even more of a learning experience.

This trip will be different in several important ways from past trips. My first two trips were study abroad programs, the second one to china being with three good friends. Last summer, although I was by myself, I was expecting it and was going to meet up with friends. And all these trips I left knowing I'd be coming back to work at starbucks. This trip I no longer have a girlfriend, and have no job to come back to. Nor do I have school, or even a place to live really. I am free, yet feel so overwhelmed by the idea. I also do not really know how this trip is going to work. I'm a bit nervous.

I'll be updating from each new
location hopefully.

I'll see you all soon, take care! Love,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home