Tuesday, August 29, 2006

cos dead kids don't get photographed....the world's a mess and so are we

Soooo Lexy Zak and I went to Harrisburg PA today (yesterday technically) and saw The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & tra-la-la band, once known simply as a silver mt zion, as i prefer to call them. Some of you may have heard them on NPR's spinning on air last fall, although I suspect most of my young friends listen to more NPR than our elders do. Oh well, that's culture for ya. Anyway, they are a group which spun out the post-rock neo-classical sort of rock group Godspeed You! Black Emperor. ASMZ have gone through many forms in the last 6 or 7 years, but they seem to be settling into a style, and it suits them. There old songs sound magnificent with7 players, i just wish theyd add keys and samples, but then they really would just be GY!BE with vocals... Anyway, I'll upload pics and bootlegs soon.

In other news, I helped Lexy move into her new dormroom with Cristal, in the new building, Fort Awesome, a name chosen in a student lead contest. Purchase for ya.... um... I can't decide if i like it or not, truly. I can't decide much of anything anymore. Could I ever? I have readjusted to being home, only to realize I don't know what to do here now that schools over. I need to leave, I think. I really have to go. I'm going to take Morris' class at purchase, which met this morning. I'm working at starbucks, and going to the gym with lee at least every weds, hopefully more. We're working on music too, if i can find the time. I'm also writing for a soon to launch website.

My plans are much larger, however. Im working on applying for the Fulbright to teach english, altho I am rather pessimistic. I hope to start tai chi, go on a meditation retreat, plan trips to montreal, california, and florida/the DR, and take courses in greek and italian, soon. In addition, I am going to find myself either a job or internship in NYC soon, for the fall/winter. Maybe I'll work on the elections? I have the time, I guess.

Tomorrow I will begin reconstructing my summer trip, on this blog, by going through my journal, and posting pictures. I have found myself reliving the experience often enough, in strnage ways, so it's time i get this stuff out there. Some essays will appear eventually also, although I may try and shop them to someone who will pay for them. We'll see. I really have no idea how to go about doing that. I guess one just needs to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home