Sunday, July 09, 2006

lexy still hasnt emailed me

quick update from amsterdam,so i can go and watch the world cup. more later.

I have arrived in amsterdam, but only after suffering my first unexpected setback. I was not really bothered at all, however, and I expect these unexpected things to happen. Reminds me of that line from god of small things. maybe sam can look it up. the 2 things margaret kochama says when visiting the heart of darkness, or whtvr. so, i went to the bsf show, but they werent going on till 930, so i figured it wasnt worth the 12 pounds (22 bucks) since id have to leave at 10 to make sure i could get back to my hostel to get a train to the airport, since my flight was leaving early, and the trains didnt leave early on sunday mornings. i found out, however, at the venue, that a free festival in the park was going on, so i went and missed mos def, but saw the wailers. fun. and then an 0old punk rocker tried to steal my ice cream. london outside of zone one is totally differnt; its filled with londoners. no tourists. i felt out of place, altho most people were nice, i can only imagine what a truly ghetto neighborhood must be like.

also, on the aniverseray of the bombing, i, without realizing it, travelled more than any other day in london on the tube, and visited the station where the bombers met, twice, inadvertantly also. on that note, im a tremendous nerd, as most you know, alto it may not be obvious from looking at me. (collects comic books, music snob, played d&d, etc). ON that note, the british museum and british library were phenomenal. seeing the oldest copy of the bible, in greek, or original works by william blake, music by mozart and bach, etc. it made seeing joyces notebook and wordsworth original seem unimportant. plus i saw the rosetta stone, among other treasures at the museum, which was beautiful. i also got a british library card, for special research. ok, more later. mathc is on

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home