Wednesday, July 05, 2006

fuck what fireworks stand for

So today, I kinda overslept. By the time I had showered and gotten my things together, it was around 10am, so I had missed breakfast. I quickly hopped on the tube and made my way to Paddington Station, where I had my first encounter with the British National Railway. Scenic, rolling hills, and hideuos powerplants. I went to Oxford, for RT £17, about an hour long trip. I spent the day wandering around, doing scenic things. I visited the school Caitlin studied at 2 summers ago, altho the main meadow was closed to visitors. I had a good day walking. The girls working in all the shops seemed very nice and eager to talk. THat'smost british girls so far, tho. Many more foriegners in Oxford, tho, tons of students, many who I can only assume are still in HS.

I went to the Modern Art Museum of Oxford and went to a great show feauturing contemporary works from Beirut. Very moving. It's amazing how much a city shelling itself looks/sounds like fireworks.

Tomorrow, I explore London, possibly with some kids from the Hostel. NIce french kid, and some Australians. Lotta those. G'day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home