Sunday, October 15, 2006

60 days

I've been home for almost two months, and yet it feels like a lifetime ago that I was living out of my backpack, relaxing on the beaches of the Mare Teranneo. I also feel idle, and that I'm not accomplishing enough. I have been keeping busy, though. Visited Caitlin in Charleston, worked two catering jobs, sitting in on Morris's theories of sexuality class, went to a conference on Arendt at Yale, the Dodge Poetry Fest, saw tons of great shows in the city and other places, caught the Dada exhibit at the MoMA, saw ASMZ in Harrisburg PA, partied at Purchase, worked alot at Sbux, read a few books, and joined the gym. Hopefully I'll have some soings finished by the end of the year, but my schedule hasn't been regular enough so far. I've also been regularly writing for the Silent Ballet, which has been good. Deadlines! I think I'm going to start drawing/painting again, too. I need a car. CMJ is coming up, and I'll be working at Lincoln Center in exchange for a badge, so hopefully I'll have lots to report on that. I think I'm going to see the Knife, Steve Earle, Forward Russia!, the Shins/Album Leaf, the magnetic feilds, stephen brodsky/chromeo, the decemeberists, grails/mgr/made out of babies/kayo dot, longwave, and the fall. Blonde Redhead cancelled. I'm actually not too amped for this year, altho there are a few shows I'm looking forward too.

In other news my application is just about finished for the Fulbright in Thailand. Now we wait.... I'm going to begin looking into backup options, and may get certified, doing TOEFL online, perhaps. I am also applying for some jobs in the city, so hopefully one of those will work out. I need to get away from starbucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home