Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band live on WNYC

I'm not sure how many people have had the privilege of seeing ASMZ live (many more than the last time I uploaded a live recording of them I'm sure) but they are certainly a band who shines more in the live setting than on record. This is especially true of their more recent material. There is a River in the Valley Made of Melting Snow, for example, didn't grab me until I had heard it performed live. I, as well as others, have posted various live recordings in the past, but this is among my favorites, for various reasons. Most importantly, I think it has the best sound of any of their live recordings, as it was engineered by the professionals over in the WNYC studio. The interview with David Garland is borderline amusing, but informative and interesting none the less. Some of you may remember when this was originally posted in fall 2005, but since it can now only be streamed on the web, here's the file.

Track Listing [59:43]

There's a River in the Valley Made of Melting Snow
Dead Marines
Horses in the Sky
Babylon was Built on Fire



http://www.mediafire.com/?bzucm2z2tge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home